Sunday, June 24, 2018

House of Travel (How I pack for my weekend mtn. trips)

I thought about doing this the other day right before packing for my trip, straightening up the house, and I had just got off work, and I was starving so I was cramming food in my mouth as I did all of this. Multitasking, and these pictures are probably the worst! I was on a time crunch and I will probably update this post or do a better one later...

My parents have a gorgeous house in Linville, NC and if you haven't been, you should definitely check out the Linville Gorge and falls. It's a great place to hike and have a picnic!
Their house in a community that has all types of access to a lake, playgrounds, beach and pool. So not only is it beautiful in the winter when it snows and we can curl up by the fire and the fact we are right next to Beach mtn for skiing or Jonas Ridge for tubing, we even have wonderful things to do in the summer!

Linville Gorge, NC

Linville Land Harbor Beach

So this is where I disappear to every other weekend.
And this is how I pack in a made dash!

Like I said I had just gotten off work where we had a Clinique Event and gave away so much Free Stuff! Hope you stopped by!

The Event was America's Best, the Best of Clinique so we did a red, white, and blue theme!
This is Hannah our Clinique Chic, she knows all about it and even showed me some stuff that I cannot wait to try and tell you about!

So again I was starving and the only place I pass on the way home is McDonalds.
The most important thing is the tea. I drink unsweet which is unlike most Southeners but I do add about 8 Splenda! So I was trying to scarf this down as I packed.

This is my Mountain Purse. I carry it every time I go to the mountains. Its great no matter what journey we decide to go on. It's a Kavu. I got mine at the Mass General Store in Banner Elk but they are really popular now and you can pretty much find them everywhere.

As I was getting ready for work in the morning is when I actually start packing because I know I'm going to be on a time crunch, so as I shower, wash my face, brush my teeth, I throw it in a clear plastic bag.




So this is the most needed bag. It carries all of my toiletries. And yes I'm basically and old lady with my sleeping mask and my pill box.



I'm also packing for my 5 year old, here is her little bag with her tooth brush and then "just in case things" like Tylenol and Benadryl, and nail clippers, and hair bows. You never know what's gonna happen with a kid.


This is the bag I use for both me and Rosaleigh. It's only a two night stay and it's really laid back. I almost never wear makeup and so basically we have two outfits and shoes, socks, underwear, and our most used outfit our bathing suit! I also have our  towels in the center and I have to bring my air/oil purifier when I sleep. (and in my madd dash I forgot our pajamas so we slept in gamma and pop pops clothes last night!)


This is my little or not really little but what I call my hobo bag. I keep my computer and chargers for phones and leap pads and all my notebooks and planners in here so I can do a little work in the morning (like now).

So this is the simple easy going two night stay and it would totally not look like this if I was going longer or possibly to a different destination because there is no make up in these bags and not dressy clothes just chill clothes and sunscreen!

Enjoy your Sunday, I'm headed to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment