Friday, June 22, 2018

House of Makeup (My Foundation Routine)


I posted this pic after I did my Live Foundation Routine on Wednesday on IG and FB.
And today I'm going to give you the products I used that day and everyday!

1. I always start with a clean and moisturized face.
You can check out my mourning skincare routine here.

2. I use a Primer by Laura Gellar. (Actually I use two, one for extra moisture and the other for redness)

3. Then apply Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation (I also have two colors depending on my self tanning situation- 1.15 is my fair color and 2.25 is my tan color.) Then I just mix them if I'm somewhere in between.



4. I set my foundation with Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.


5.  I use Smashbox Color Correcting Stick under my eyes in peach to cover the the dark circles. I only use this stick where the darkness is. Then I blend with a concealer brush.


6. I apply Clinique's Newest Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer in fair 02 under my eyes in a "V" shape dragging it to the point of my noes and I also dab concealer on my forehead, chin, the corners of my mouth, and down the center of my noes. (this conceals and highlights the good, the bad, and the ugly at the same time.) Then I blend with my concealer brush.

7. I set the concealer with Kat Von D's Lock-It Brightening Powder in Petal Pink.  I set everywhere I put it wherever I put the concealer.

8. I contour with Smashbox Step-By-Step Countour Kit. I mix the bronzer and the shade colors together to contour. I outline my face (forehead, jawline, cheek bones, under my chin to hide any double chin, down the sides of my noes starting at my brow.
9. I blend all of this with a large fan brush.
(I plan to do a blog on just brushes soon!)

10. Then I use Laura Gellar's Baked Balance-n-Glow Illuminating Foundation in medium as a finishing powder to continue to blend the contour and give me a little glow all over.


11. I have an assortment of blushes but my go to is Laura Gellar's Baked Blush N Brighten Pink Buttercream which I put just above my contour cheek bone and take it all the way to the hair line.

12. Next I add some highlight with Anastasia's Nicole Guierro Pallet, and it just depends my mood on which I use because I love them all so much! I highlight from my cheek up and around the outside of my eye in a "V" shape. I also place it down the center of my nose and chin. (You can brush it across your forehead too, but I have lines there that I do not want to bring attention to so I stay away from that area.)
(They no longer sell this glow kit but you can find another Anastasia Glow Kit here.)


So that's it! That's my foundation routine! The only think I switch up is the blush and highlight just depending on my mood or what eye make up I'm planning to wear.
Have any questions comment below!
Thanks XOXO

And if you are interesting in booking a skin appointment with me just 

No comments:

Post a Comment