Tuesday, June 12, 2018

House of Hair (Red Hair, Don't Care)



Wearing: EllaB & Co "Mine Dress in Pink", Necklace Tassel is sold out but linked their other necklaces, Heels are unfortunately sold out too, but I linked all their other cute shoes!



Wearing: EllaB & Co "Mine Dress in Charcoal" 

So I love to change up my hair color. I get bored very quickly and I have that feeling coming on again, so I thought I better post this before my hair is another color.

Now my actual hair is not this long, I have in extensions by Bellami Hair which you can purchase here. This is the color I purchased because it was the color of my hair before I colored it red. It was a strawberry blonde color.  That's the great thing about theses extensions is that you can color them and I suggest that if you don't know what color to get, get something close and then you can color them. I have a friend who purchased black then lightened the ends and put a blue color on them. So they are very versatile and you can curl and straighten them just like your own hair. 

I've washed them maybe three times since I've had them, and I always brush them out before storing them in a fancy zip lock bag!


This is the length of my actual hair, so you can see since this is 220grams of extensions you can use it on any length and you can't tell!!


This pic is the very first time wearing the extensions the day after coloring them.


So now let's talk about this color!!


So I was all about being a natural strawberry blonde before.....

(Sorry this was the only pic I could find and it doesn't look very strawberry, but you get the point.)

.......I was at work (Ulta) and this girl came in with this red hair and I fell in love. I practically followed her around the store, and finally asked if she new the formula they used on her hair.
She told me it was Redken 6RR and then they used City Beats Red (also by Redken).

So when I finally decided to go through with it, we had to figure out which 6RR they used. Redken has many different types of genre of colors. We started with Chromatics and learned that it wasn't right. So then we used Color Fusion and we had it!
Then we new what to use for the extensions.
However the first time my hair wasn't a deep red and neither were the extensions. The third time we did my hair we then added the City Beats Red and it was perfect! So then we had to go over the extensions with City Beats too.
The extensions took the longest to color and about broke my back both time because there was so much hair, but my girls in the salon helped me out!
This is my stylist Instagram, she is phenomenal : Keri Smith or @kerianne3
She specializes in blondes and now since this red thing happened with me she's got a lot more fun color customers too!

So how do I keep it Vibrant all the time?
I've tried different combinations but the main thing that keeps my red shockingly bright is:



There is a Shampoo, but the sales clerk told me that it can make your hair feel dry and gummy.  But this colorditioner I leave in my hair after I shampoo it for about 5min or so while I shave and wash the rest of my body. But I also should let you know that I only wash my hair about twice a week. When I first color it I rotate this conditioner with a Redken hair mask, but the further I get from my retouch I use this colorditioner every time. It makes your hair feel great and I believe it has a lot to do with the Bond Fix. And you just need about a quarter size for each use, so I'm still on my first bottle. It may stain your hands a little so scrub a dub in the shower after you rinse. And it will get on your towels, but will wash out so no worries!

I'm not exactly sure what my next color will be but this Viral line has a million colors to choose from!
Happy coloring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment