Monday, July 2, 2018

MakeUp Monday

Happy Monday!
I'm in the Mountains to celebrate the 4th! The internet pretty much lags up here, so it's hard to use my phone, and even the computer is a little slow.  But I'm still going to try and post all week while I'm here!  I even got this new socialite gear for my phone to help me do my live videos and such but I'm not sure I'll even get to use it up here...but I'll do what I can...

Mainly my posts have been about beauty and everyday I'm thinking of something to write about that will inspire me and you! So to make it a little easier I'm going to have a topic each day to keep me and possibly you interested, lol. But if any of you have any topics that you would like me to touch on please let me know, and most importantly please subscribe, so I know you're out there! lol

So it's MakeUp Monday!
Let's talk about what's new in MakeUp!


Here is Urban Decay's Born To Run Palette that just launched and this is actually the first pallet by UD that I have thought about purchasing. I've never been into the the Naked Palettes just because I don't need twenty shades of brown or pink or whatever colors they featured. I just wouldn't use all of them. But I do love these shades, and I personally watched them and they are pretty good, I don't think they are as pigmented as the Anastasia Palettes (which are my fav!) but I definitely like what Urban Decay did with this one. Their Born to Run Launch also has three lip sticks which I already own (Ready?- which is a bright rose sparkle). All three lipsticks are beautiful. It also includes two eyeliners, the green (Overdrive) in the liners is gorgeous and is on my make up wish list! The Launch also includes a travel size All Nighter Setting Spray. The graphics are also so cute!





Now let's talk about Sol + Mar ColourPop Palettes


Now I haven't got to actually touch these palettes in person, but they caught my eye in this swatch picture. The reason I love the Born To Run was because I don't really have a palette with blues and greens and so that's another reason I love these plus Morphe had a huge palette that came out with bright orange and red colors that I didn't purchase because again I new I wouldn't use but a few of the other colors. And so I love that the other has those red and orange colors. ColourPop is in most Ulta's but these two palettes haven't come into our store yet so my opinion could change once I actually swatch them myself. I'm not sure we are even going to get them at Ulta since they are already on ColourPop's website. So we will see... A girl can only wish!


Also new is Smashbox Pinks + Palms




I love all things Pink and I love all things Smashbox.  Pinks + Palms is online only at Ulta to purchase. I love Smashbox Palettes so you can bet that this will be added to my collection! I don't even have to swatch this one before I buy! But I would love it if it launched in store.



That's the latest in Palettes and here is the latest in foundation:





Too Faced has added more colors to their foundations including Cloud, which is the lightest color in foundation other than Lancome that I've ever seen! I have used Too Faced foundation which is a medium build able coverage and great if you have dry or oily skin. It's online and instore.

Too Faced also has a brand new Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer that is supposed to match up to Tarte's Famous Shape Tape.  It is available online but not in Ulta just yet, but I'm told it's coming soon!
I will try this out since I know I can use their foundation, I can't use Tarte Shape Tape because I'm so dry.


Benefit has done a complete over haul on their foundations:
I personally have never used benefit foundation and it just arrived in store so I'll give it try after vacation and do some swatches, but since it seems to be a lighter foundation I probably wouldn't use it, because I'm a more full coverage type of girl! this is also available online and instore.

So there is your Scoop for MakeUp Monday!

Don't forget to about this Wednesday's Winner Wednesday! Click the link for the rules!

If you would like to learn more about Skincare and MakeUp you can book an appointment here with me if you are in the Gastonia, NC area. Just book a 30min makeup lesson and a 20min facial to learn exactly what your skin needs!

Check Back tomorrow for Trendsetting Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment