Friday, July 6, 2018

Fitness Friday (Pinterest workouts, do they work?



I have been all about loving my body lately, and have posted about it on insta and fb. Yet we all have things we’d like to improve on. In my past I’ve always been obsessed with loosing weight and going on diets, cleanses, everything. Yet this year I’ve come to love and respect my body for everything it’s gotten me through.


I was a dancer most of my life. I stared at my body in the studio mirrors comparing it to all the other bodies, I was always a little thicker but never what you would call fat. I mean I was a dancer, muscular just not the average dancers body.
In my 20’s I worked out in the gym daily, still trying all the cleanses and fad diets and still trying to get that perfect body that truly didn’t exist.


At 27 I was diagnosed with bone cancer and that would forever change everything about me. My mind, my body, everything. I had a year of chemo with lots of steroids and was in a wheelchair for half that year, the other half I had a partial hip replacement and half my femur replaced with metal. Basically had to learn how to walk again with the new leg and the new body that was 50lbs larger.
My body didn’t bother me as much as knowing that with prayer and probably that extra weight it had got me to the other side. That was 10 years ago.


In the past 10 years I have had a full hip replacement and even had a baby girl!
During those 10 years I still did try to workout even though I’m limited in what I can do and I did try diets. But it took me till this year to truly appreciate my body.
Having said all of this, there are certain things I would like to improve on and I would like to be healthy.


High blood pressure, diabetes, and other health problems run in my family so even though I would love to eat pizza, chicken tenders, and fries everyday and tell all of you I’m perfectly ok with my body so there is nothing I really need to change, it’s not true.
There are still things that I do need to change simply for my health and to make myself feel better.
So I love my body and all, but there are some areas I would like to improve:
My arms, my tummy, and I could use a little lift in the breast and butt area. Those last two took a drop after my daughter was born.


I haven’t worked out at all since last year because of a car accident and a sprang ankle, but now I think my body can handle it.


So I always see these ads or pins that pop up and since I love to do my own little tests to see if things actually work I’m going to text the following workouts for the next four weeks.









All of these workouts are posted on my Pinterest board House of Fitness. So you can go there to find the full workout. I’m beginning my program on Monday simply because I need to read into all the workouts and come up with a game plan on what days I do what. Next Friday I will give you the complete low down and through out the week follow any of my stories on fb or insta to give you some details as I go.

@jleighstar

So I am also going to change some of my eating habits but I promise I’m not giving up anything completely for now and forever. It’s not tangible, I know this because I’m a foodie and not all the time but once in a while I’m gonna need my pizza, fries, wings, maybe a Dr Pepper... but on a day to day basis I know I can’t be eating that crap as much as I have been. But I do plan today to start drinking water and to basically become a waterholic again, bc I have gotten hooked back on my tea and I believe if you are craving something all the time it may not be that good for you, and I’m always craving tea. So I’m going to drink only water on a daily basis. Now I will still have my wine on the weekend so don’t get it twisted!


But I know I need to drink more water, so that starts today. As for everything else I’m not completely sure and will have to get back to you next week with all the details or you can follow my stories to see what I’m doing and eating each day to be healthier.


My goal is not to loose weight. I truly don’t know what I weigh now and won’t be getting on the scales or any of that mess. I will be measuring everything by how I feel. 
So follow me on insta @jleighstar or on fb and subscribe to this blog to learn all things beauty and follow my health journey!
Happy Friyay!

No comments:

Post a Comment